May 18, 2012
Lending Credibility with Quality Web Design
(A Guide for Austin Businesses)
By: David Watson
Quality web design can help lend credibility to Austin businesses and give visitors a sense of security in doing business with them. The overall credibility of the business is not limited only to their website; however, their site does play an integral role in this process because the amount of time people spend doing research online. In 2010, it was determined that the average American spends 32 hours/month on the Internet according to comScore Media Metrix. Interestingly, the 45-54 age group spent the most time online at 39.3 hours/month. When considering potential customers, businesses must be cognizant of the fact, that people are relying on the Internet more and more for research and buying than ever before. Therefore, it is important to understand 2 things:
Customers make their decisions based on their overall perception of the business and its reputability and
Most people leave a website within the first 10-20 seconds of their visit according to Jakob Nielsen.
As a result, a company must build a solid reputation and capture and keep the potential customer’s attention throughout the buying process. This can be done in a variety of ways. Here are some thoughts when considering the website’s design that will lend credibility to the site and the business:
- Provide good quality content on the site. (Probably the most important factor)
- Use easy, intuitive links for the Navigation.
- Keep the site clean and un-cluttered.
- Use call to action items and comparisons, when relevant, to lead customers through the purchasing process.
- Keep information on the site as up-to-date as possible.
- Provide a place for people to get answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs), archived content and request information/contact the company.
- Develop brand recognition by using company logos, color schemes and tag lines.
- Use industry/company images that tell where, what and how the company provides its products and services. Include people and recognizable scenes that set the stage for what customers can expect.
Web design plays an important role in the success of businesses, especially in growing areas like Austin, TX. With most businesses competing with over a million sites on the Web, high quality web design can make the difference in whether a business’ website gets leads, prospects or customers. When times are tough, good web design can be the deciding factor between whether a business stays or goes. Because most people look to the web to gather information, a business’ website provides potential customers with an accurate picture of the main components of the business – the who, what, where, when and how. The web design used for the site then determines how information is presented, gathered, stored and used to ensure that the company and its visitors get the most out of the site.
Copyright 2012 - AO Design - Web Design Services